Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Welcome to A Technical Skeptic

As an engineer by training and a veteran of high-tech industries from biotechnology to internet commerce, I've seen a lot of technology come and go. As anyone who has not been living in a cave for the last decade can attest, technology change has become so rapid that we humans often struggle to keep up. Witness the revolution in telephone technology; the evolution from cassettes and VHS to CDs and DVDs; the move to digital television; and the ubiquity of the internet.

My goal with A Technical Skeptic is to talk about various bits of technology, including Web 2.0, from a human perspective. I want to point out the advantages as well as the potential pitfalls. I see first hand how much technology can intimidate and frustrate even the brightest among us. This bugs me. So join me as I share my views on technology and the human beings who create and use it.

No comments: